Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Monica's Mother Reflects on the Past Year


Over the past year I’ve seen Monica maybe twice. They have her convinced that I’m not worth her time. “I can’t make her come to visit”. They won’t have it any other way! I must succumb to their demands and the every wish of my ex-husband and his new wife or they’ll have a restraining order put on me. Even if they have to lie to get it. They did. According to one lawyer I spoke to, “If they lie, I can’t help you.” It’s impossible to deal with born liars. No one cares. Add to this the fact that it is a way of life in that community where it seems that all the residents are divorced. Of course I would have never expected this from this man whom I was married to for 21 years. Yes, I did. And this is the reason why I stayed with him so long. I knew from past experience the path I would take if it came to divorce. Just as I saw my ex-brother-in-law take the same path, they destroyed me and took my children. It’s a trait of people where they come from.

I’ve missed birthdays, proms and special occasions. All these feathers in their caps in an attempt to destroy me. It’s just a game for them. They have to destroy someone. It’s my turn. All these psychological abuse tactics. This started a short time before our separation. No. It was in the works since before the marriage. Some twisted, sick people are like this. They are. My family was there for me. No. I must deserve it. No one in my family would have believed that people like this existed! They do.

They're quite calculated and in addition to all of this have been able to brainwash my children. Suddenly, they have no fond memories of me. I was a wonderful mother. It’s true! But no, their stepmother is a much better mother than I am and so thoughtful and caring. Their stepmother insists they believe this and they tell me often. The divorce was all my fault. I’m just jealous that he loves her more than he ever cared for me and they have walked into the sunset to live happily ever after.

Oh, how I wish she had known him in high school so she could have had him right from the start.
Remember that movie, "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle"?

No comments: